- Astronomy Celestia Awesome astronomy program...leave earth. Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Astronomy WorldWideTelescope Web 2.0 visualization software environment that enables your computer to function as a virtual telescope bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world for a seamless exploration of the universe. Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Atlas Marble is a Virtual Globe and World Atlas that you can use to learn more about Earth: You can pan and zoom around and you can look up places and roads. A mouse click on a place label will provide the respective Wikipedia article. It is also possible to measure distances between locations or watch the current cloud cover. Marble offers different thematic maps: A classroom-style topographic map, a satellite view, street map, earth at night and temperature and precipitation maps. All maps include a custom map key, so it can also be used as an educational tool for use in class-rooms. For educational purposes you can also change date and time and watch how the starry sky and the twilight zone on the map change. In opposite to other virtual globes Marble also features multiple projections: Choose between a Flat Map ("Plate carré"), Mercator or the Globe. Portable. Size: 20.3MB. Win All.
- Bible The Word A portable interactive and customizable bible study program. There are two main views (sub-windows) that host all available resources: The Bible View that displays Bible translations and The Book View that displays all non-Bible resources (commentaries, dictionaries, devotionals, books, maps, etc.) Each view is fully customizable and can contain any number of resources, neatly organized with button-style tabs. The program allows you to create many views of each type. Apart from these two primary views, there are three more: the Bible Search View for searching the Bible, the Book Search View for searching non-Bible resources and the Bible Tree for navigating through the Bible.
- Bible BibleMax The Bible on Every Device: Online, PC, iPhone, iPad, and Android. BibleMax contains loads of Bible translations, Books, Maps, commentaries, references and dictionaries.
- Bible E-Sword Fast and effective way to study the Bible. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Books FullBooks Thousands of full-text free books. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Chemistry ChemToolBox the Swiss army knife for the lab worker, which contains numerous scientific data very useful in a laboratory with it's own database. Properties of solvents, Chemistry of solutions, Periodic table of elements, Biochemistry, Spectroscopy, and Calculations and units. Win 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista Size 11.1MB.
- Children's Games Souptoys is a collection of more than 100 different toys for your Windows desktop and the latest version is completely free. As an extra bonus, it also includes a brand new toy xylophone. Designed with players aged 5 to 12 in mind, but enjoyed globally by everyone, this physics sandbox game replicates a child's wooden toy box full of toys, including basketballs, robots, wooden blocks, snowmen, cannons, flying bees and a pirate ship. With its open-ended design, the possibilities are endless and players are limited only by their imagination. Size: 16.4 MB. Win 2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
- Earth Simulation GoogleEarth A 3D interface to the planet with a flight simulator. This link downloads the stand-a-lone installer without Google Pack. If you want more information, go to the Google Earth site. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Education Democracy Udemy enables anyone to take and build educational courses online. Their goal is to disrupt and democratize education by enabling anyone to learn from the world's experts. It offers an incredible platform that makes it easy for anyone to build an online course. Instructors can use video, PowerPoint, PDFs, audio, zip files and live classes to quickly build a course and share their expertise. Students can take courses across a great breadth of categories, including: business and entrepreneurship, academics, the arts, health and fitness, language, music, technology, games, and more. Most courses on Udemy are free, but some are paid.
- Fitness BodyByteBodyByteis a fully functionality lifestyle manager, including food database, customized favorites food list, recipes, daily meal plans, exercise and workout schedules, body stats and food intake tracker, history analysis with reports and graphs. Additional features include energy expenditure, body fat calculators, and fitness testing utility. Size: 6.36MB. Win 98SE/ME/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Flashcards Anki is a customizable flashcards program. The program provides access to a large library of free flashcards (called `Decks`) on a wide range of topics, and you can also create your own decks to help you study pretty much any topic you want.The possibilities are virtually endless, you can create simple, text based flashcards or include audio/video, images and even scientific markup. Anki uses an intelligent training method (based on SuperMemo SM2 algorithm) that lets configure how much and how long you want to study each day, and automatically selects cards based on your learning progress.Other features include support for shared decks, synchronization with portable devices (iPhone/Touch, Android, cell phones etc.) and other computers, statistical graphs, customizable study schedules, and much more. Portable. Size: 21.7MB. Win (All).
- Genealogy Gramps is a free, open source application that's easy enough for hobbyists to use, yet full-featured enough for professional genealogists. Gramps has a mile-long feature list of ways to help you organize and analyze the data you gather on your family history. Use it to record the details of individual people in your family, and also manage the intricate relationships found in your family tree. Filters let you display the individuals in your database in a variety of preset or customized ways. Choose birth date, name, date of death, event, or create your own. Portable version available. Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8.
- ★Guitar Tuner Free Guitar Tuner made tuning your electric or acoustic guitar easier than ever with our free online guitar tuner. The online guitar tuner lets you select from 6 different tunings to get your guitar sounding perfect before your next jam. It's simple, just select the tuning you want from the menu, click strum, and that's it. If you want to concentrate on a particular string, just click the tuning key to hear it. It even lets you adjust the pitch with the + and - buttons. It features simple controls, real guitar tones, alternate tunings, and you can even download it for offline use. Enjoy!
- ★Scale Finder Ultimate Scale FinderA great scale finder from the same folks at guitartricks.com.
- ★Chord Finder Ultimate Chord FinderA great chord finder from the same folks at guitartricks.com.
- Guitar Tuner PitchPerfect Tune your guitar strings quickly and easily to any note you want. Win 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Guitar Tuner Guitar Tuner a cool little utility to help you tune a guitar by ear. Win all.
- Language Language Immersion for Chrome is an experimental extension that aims to simulate the experience of being immersed in a foreign language. By switching certain words and phrases from English into a language of your choice, the websites you already visit can provide a way to experience the world from a different perspective.
- Language Lingoes Dictionary and multi-language translation software providing results in over 80 languages. It offers text translation, a cursor-driven translator, index list group and pronouncing text, and abundant free dictionaries as a new gerenation dictionary and translation software. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Linux Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system designed specifically for Windows users who want to have easy and smooth access to Linux. It is based on Ubuntu which is the most popular Linux operating system in the world. It features a unique Look Changer program that allows users to change the user interface at the touch of a button. Other unique programs include Splash Screen Manager, Internet Browser Manager and Background Plus. It gives users more flexibility and allows you to use Zorin OS alongside your current operating system and run Microsoft Windows programs in Zorin OS with the help of WINE and PlayOnLinux.
- Mathmatics eCalc Math help reference sheets, online tutoring, and help.
- Mathmatics GeoGebra Dynamic mathematics software for schools that joins geometry, algebra and calculus. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Mathmatics SpeQ Mathmatics Very easy to use as a simple calculator, or for advanced complex math calculations with save functionality. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Morse Code Trainer Morse Trainer is based on a method of CW training developed by a German psychologist called Ludwig Koch. Basically you start off learning the code at the speed you would like to achieve. Unlike the Farnsworth method which seeks to reduce the gap between the letters as you become more efficient, Koch came up with the idea that you should start off just learning two letters at full speed and add an additional letter once you reach 90% proficiency until you have mastered them all. Since you are only learning one new letter or figure at a time, your frustration is significantly reduced. Size: 2.4MB. Tested on Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Morse Code to Text WinMorse is a FREE text to Morse Code conversion application for Windows. WinMorse converts text into Morse Code to audio .aif, .au, .wav or text .txt. Enter the text in WinMorse's text window and use the Convert menu to output a file converted to Morse code. Size: 710KB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Music Notation Basic Finale NotePad is your free introduction to the world of music notation software! Use your computer or MIDI keyboard. You can hear your music with more than 128 built-in instrument sounds. Markings, lyrics, and sharing. Whether you’re notating guitar tablature, composing a piano solo, or arranging for a jazz combo, NotePad’s Setup Wizard sets up your score automatically. NotePad handles instrument transposition, clefs, key signatures, and more, freeing you to explore the creative process. It is a great aid for writing out melodies and chords quickly to print. Size: 98MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Music Notation Advanced MuseScore allows you to create beautiful sheet music and is available in over 40 different languages. Whether you are an experienced user of other notation programs like Finale or Sibelius, or a newcomer to the world of music notation programs, it has the tools you need to make your music look as good as it sounds. Create sheet music with WYSIWYG editor. Listen to your score with computer playback. Share and print your score. Most elements are laid out automatically but can also be positioned manually. The capabilities can be extended via plugins, and the growing repository on musescore.org contains many plugins submitted by users. You can import and export MIDI and MusicXML files, and it can also import from Capella and several other programs. It can export to PDF, PNG, and other graphic formats, to WAV and other audio formats, or to LilyPond for an alternative layout and print option. Portable version. Size: 51MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Music notes NoteCard all-new version of Nick's classic freeware program is a real pleasure to use, combining a fun, attractive interface with a relentlessly efficient method for building skill in musical note-reading. For the first 10 days of use, NoteCard allows you to switch freely between the Free and Paid versions. Check out runasdate for assistance with this. Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Music Theory Lenmus Phonascus from Latin "the teacher of music", is a music education software that you can use to practice your music reading skills, improve your aural recognition abilities, or just learn the fundamental principles of music theory and language. And it includes an score editor, so that you can write your own scores. Portable version. Win NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
- Music tool Solfege is music education software. Use it to train your rhythm, interval, scale and chord skills. Recognize melodic and harmonic intervals. Compare interval sizes. Sing the intervals the computer asks for. Identify chords. Sing chords. Scales. Dictation. Remembering rhythmic patterns. Be sure to check out the add-ons on the download page.
- Music tool EchoView is an integrated suite of powerful, interactive music calculating tools for musicians, sound engineers and producers. Delay time calculator, delay time grid, metronome, tap tempo, chord cue, virtual guitar, song length calculator, stopwatch, sample calculator, and printing features. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Office Suite OOo4Kids project The office suite for kids 7-12 years. A light version of OpenOffice.. The idea is to provide a 7-12 years software, based on OpenOffice.org source code, say, extremely simplified.
- ★Parental Control Norton Safety Minder is an impressive standalone parental control system. Extensive internet parenting resources. Transparent - encourages open discussion. Internet Safety For Kids. Cyberbullying. Unsafe texting. Inappropriate content. Monitors/adjusts settings - anywhere. Emails alerts and activity reports. Free account required. Multi-Platform Support for Windows, Mac and Mobile.
- Parental Control Care4Teen is an intuitive software which gives parents control over, and access to, their children's online activities. The program offers remote capabilities for parents so that you can login to see what your child is doing online even when you are at work or on vacation. Care4Teen also acts as a blocking service in that it prevents your child from accessing websites which you and the other Care4Teen parents have deemed inappropriate. Once you have installed Care4teen application in your kid's computer, you have option to watch complete online activity on that particular computer with Care4teen online dashboard. Detailed report also is available where parents can view exactly which domains your kids were in and also particular URL which they have watched. Win XP/Vista/7/8/8. (Video)
- Parental Control Verity Parental Control allows you to track and monitor what your kids (or anyone) are doing on the computer and online in an easy, non invasive way. Logs time spent in each software program, Logs websites visited on supported browsers, Online chat monitoring, Set daily time limits on computer usage, Counts the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks to measure activity, Use parental controls to block specific programs or websites, Takes periodic screenshots of the active window or desktop, Customize restrictions for each child by their Windows user login, Access stored data through a password protected web interface, Optionally set up the web interface to be accessible remotely from other locations over the internet, Runs in the background so you can continue to use the computer as normal and can be set to be visible with a warning or invisible. You can also disable task manager to prevent shutting down the program. Size: 306KB. Win XP/Vista/7/8/8. 32/64bit.
- Piano SimplePiano An aid for the beginner learning to play piano and read music. It uses Maestro fonts (that are installed with the program) to show the notes played on the treble and bass clef staffs. The notes played are also highlighted on a 60-key on-screen piano keyboard. You can play it using the keyboard, the mouse, or a midi keyboard connected to the computer. The Circle of Fifths can be displayed, and when a key in it is selected, that key's signature is shown on the staffs. Any of the eight most-used chords can be selected and played by playing the chord's root key. Chord inversions can also be selected. A random note reading exercise is included. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Programming Intro Platinum Arts Sandbox A game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- ★Recipe Yiola Manage, download and share recipes. Calendar with cooking plan. Shopping list. Watch list. Portable and Install versions. Win 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8. DemoA short demonstration of the program created with Screen2exe.
- Sports Scheduler SplendidCity Full-featured league and tournament sports scheduling software system. Win NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Study Guide StudyGuide An educational public service helping learners to succeed. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Typing TIPP10 is a free touch typing tutor for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. The ingenious thing about the software is its intelligence feature. Characters that are mistyped are repeated more frequently. Beginners will find their way around right away so they can start practicing without a hitch. Useful support functions and an extensive progress tracker, topical lessons and the ability to create your own practice lessons make learning to type easy. At least the touch typist wannabes have a fresh and improved freeware. If you still look at the keyboard to type, get it. Portable version. Size: 4.3MB. Win 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (32/64 Bit).
- Typing RapidTypingExcellent typing tutor with many features, Also acceptable for children. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
Learn to type faster and with fewer errors
Have you ever wished that you had a way to practice typing so that you could become a more efficient and capable keyboard jockey? Typing at the "speed of thought," perhaps? Enter Keybr.com — the flash-based typing instructor you've been waiting for!
Keybr.com is very straightforward. You can choose from three basic lessons that start with a certain number of keys on the keyboard, and then, as you progress through the lessons, more keys are introduced to the mix to make things a little tougher. As an added bonus, our software keeps track of all your mistakes and your words-per-minute (wpm) - and even creates graphs of your day-by-day performance.
But, things get even better! Once you have determined that the lessons you have completed have reached their maximum result, get ready to play with custom mode, where you can edit and personalize the text that you wish to practice! Very bare-bones, but oh, so functional.
Finally, to up the entertainment level of your typing lessons, you can import content from a web site or blog into Keybr.com to type it out.
But why even bother to learn touch typing? The answer is simple - it is healthier for you, faster and more accurate. Blogging, writing long documents and emails, instant messaging with your friends, and even coding sophisticated computer programs will become much easier and more enjoyable once you eliminate distraction of hunt-and-peck typing.
How long would it take for you to develop a good typing speed? It would probably take you weeks to polish your skills up to a top level, but really decent speed can be achieved in a matter of hours with daily training. We promise that we can teach you to type at a speed of above 50 words per minute in less than ten hours with our course. And who wouldn't benefit from that?
How does Keybr.com work?
Unlike much of the teaching typing software available out there, Keybr.com does not force you to type random characters over and over again, that is simply boring and contributes very little to your learning. Instead, Keybr.com generates readable random words using the phonetic rules of your native language. These words look almost natural, and often they really are. Typing sensible text is much easier than random letters, and it helps you to remember frequent key combinations. For example, it's almost impossible for the letter 'W' to follow the 'Z' in English, and you will never type this combination in Keybr.com. Instead, you will type more common words, such as 'the,' 'that,' and 'with. Keybr.com lets you introduce as few keys as possible to the lesson, adding more keys later when you feel that you are competent and fast enough on the current level. So, if you start with the keys from the Caps Lock row, then add keys form the Tab row, and then from the Shift row, you will eventually end up typing real text with capital letters and punctuation.
Keybr.com is a web-based software that runs directly in your browser. You don't have to download or install anything! The most recent and up-to-date version is always with you. You can use it from any computer connected to the Internet, and your typing statistics are kept on the web site and available on-demand.