There is currently no competition for Gmail. This is the email account I recommend for permanent use. If you ever have to change your ISP, you will lose your email account with them. Gmail is permanent and you can have as many accounts as you like. There are so many benefits to Gmail that outclasses the rest that they are too many to list here. I recommend you research it thoroughly.
Your Google Docs, Calendar, Chat, SMS, Video and Voice (soft phone with a Google Voice number) are right there on the Gmail interface. You get almost 8GB of free storage in which you can save/archive all of your emails that you want. At this time, I would not settle for anything less!
- Archiver MailStore Home isn't an email client for sending and receiving; it's a backup tool for storing copies of all the messages from your POP, IMAP, and WebMail accounts, so you never lose another message. You can import your mail from Outlook, Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office 365, EML and other email file formats, any POP/IMAP accounts, Gmail and Yahoo. MailStore Home stores all your mail in an archive from where you can also read your mail and search through all your messages by keyword and advanced criteria. Portable Option. Requires .NET 2.0. Size 6.1MB. Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8.
- Attachments Mail Attachment Downloader downloads just the Email attachments based on your search preference without downloading the mail. You can setup various filters to specify what you want to download. You can also setup a schedule where-in the program fetches attachments on a regular basis in the background when the program is running. Mail Attachment Downloader works with popular web mail providers including the following: Hotmail/Live, Gmail, AOL, Y!Mail and more. When downloading your attachments, Mail Attachment Downloader will leave all your mail on your server and will not mark it as read. All email attachment content will be downloaded securely using encrypted channels. Furthermore, your username and password will be securely stored on your machine when you check the Save Password button. Rest assured, your account information is only stored on your machine safe from hackers. Size: 425KB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Bulk Email Sympa Open source bulk emailer interacting with databases. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- ★Client Gmail IMO, Gmail is by far the best solution for your email needs. The web interface is so good coupled with the many benefits and features available, contact management, multiple device synchronization and access that I have stopped recommending other PC based email clients. You can sync your existing email accounts seamlessly along with your Gmail account so you can also receive your other email accounts in the same interface if desired. Also, Gmail and Google Calendar work together as email/calendar integration should work. It's time to change. June 7, 2012 - Mozilla has decided to put further development of Thunderbird on the backburner.
- Gmail Contacts CRM Rapportive is a CRM tool works inside of Gmail to help you track your contacts. You can see who your contacts are at a glance. Rapportive shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox. Rapportive is free for FireFox, Safari, Mailplane, and Chrome. Gmail gets a slick social CRM tool.
- Client Zimbra Desktop provides an email client POP3 - IMAP - Web, voice, social, calendar, contacts, files and documents which are synchronized and locally accessible when on the road. It aggregates information across accounts (Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and social networks (Facebook, Digg, Twitter, etc.) to help make communicating and sharing information easier than ever. Size: 97MB. Win XP (32bit)/Vista/7 (32/64bit), Mac, and Linux.
- Client GeeMail Desktop client for Gmail. Access Gmail outside the browser! GeeMail has everything in place which is required to access your Gmail. You don't need to configure POP and IMAP settings like traditional email clients. You don't have to get used to a new user interface for GeeMail, because GeeMail supports the good old UI of Gmail itself. Things just work the way they do in Gmail, right down to the keyboard shortcuts! Even if you are offline, compose your email, click 'Send' and forget about it. GeeMail is network aware; the next time it detects Internet connection, your email is sent right away! Requires AdobeAir. Size: 2MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Client Eudora OSE OSE is the Open Source Edition of one of the Internet's most pioneering and enduring applications. It is a re-imagining and re-implementation of classic Eudora features on top of the Mozilla Thunderbird codebase. It is more than just an extension, as certain functionality required changes to the core of the application. Some of these have been accepted into and become part of Thunderbird, while others are still awaiting acceptance. Eudora OSE integrates so tightly with specific versions of the underlying code that it is highly recommended for users to install the entire application, rather than trying to run the extension on top of Thunderbird. Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8.
- Client eM Client integrates Email, Calendar, Instant Messaging and much more. It is extremely flexible, providing the power to adjust the interface to meet the unique needs of your organization. Whether you are migrating from MS Outlook or from an open-source alternative like Thunderbird, eM Client provides organizations or groups with all the features users need and expect. One contact in roster can contains online status from Jabber, Skype, ICQ, MSN, Facebook chat and many more. Easily pair you contacts with contacts from your IM accounts or Facebook or Gmail (as easy as drag'n'drop). All context information about current contact can be found in the Sidebar. Size: 12.MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Client Thunderbird If you like Firefox's tabbed browsing, you're going to love tabbed email. Thunderbird tabbed email lets you load emails in separate tabs so you can quickly jump between them. Search results open in a new tab too. New tools like our timeline and filtering tools will help you pinpoint the email you're looking for, whether it's the one from yesterday, last month, or several years ago. Win 2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
- Contact Converter Dawn will convert your CONTACTS from one programs format to another. Win 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Default Email Manager Affixa can change how Windows itself handles the default email issue for ALL installed programs, so not only will it work when you click on an email address online, it will also interact with other Microsoft programs. Affixa makes your webmail account part of Windows, makes gathering and preparing the files you want to send easy, gives you the choice of which web or desktop mail system you use and when. All the features available in Windows that were once only available to your desktop programs. Requires .NET 2.0. Size: 2.5MB. Win XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, 7.
- Email Notifier ePrompter Automatically checks and retrieves your email messages from up to 16 email accounts. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Email Notifier MagicMailMonitor Email notifier that runs in your Windows task bar and alerts you when you have new email. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Outlook Addon Xobni Effortless email management with blazing fast email search, automatic phone number discovery, threaded conversations, and more. (Inbox spelled backwards.) Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Redirector ChimeraERC Email redirecting client. Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Yahoo YPops Now Open Source: Manage Yahoo email in your POP email program. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
Disposable email is mainly intended for use with sites that require email to register or download software where you do not want to risk your personal email to spam. Never send or knowingly receive sensitive information via disposable email.
Privacy: THERE IS NONE. Expect that any disposable email you send or have sent can and will be viewed by anyone. Simply put, anyone can read anyone else's email on most disposable email. By design, there is simply no way to insure only you have access to any given email. There are some that claim privacy, but I wouldn't trust it.
MAKING AND RECEIVING CALLS IN GMAIL
In addition to calling a phone number in Gmail via Google Chat, you can also receive calls if you have a Google Voice account. If you already have a Google Voice account, it must use the same username as the Gmail account you wish to receive calls in. If you aren't a Google Voice user, yet, you can upgrade for free if you are in the United States.
Make cheap international calls with your Google number. Manage all of your phone numbers to call through your Google Voice number. Send free text messages. Place calls and send text messages showing your Google number without using phone minutes - it uses data channels. Listen to voicemail and read transcripts.
To receive calls in Gmail:
- Make at least one outbound call from Gmail.
- In Google Voice, navigate to Voice settings under the gear icon.
- In the Phones tab, click the check box next to Google Chat.
If you wish to edit the settings for this forwarding phone, click the Edit button. You can disable Gmail as a forwarding phone simply by un-checking the box next to Google Chat.
When you receive a call in Gmail, a call window will appear with a ringtone. If you do not hear the ringtone, please check to make sure your sound is not muted. To accept the call, simply press the Answer button. You can ignore a call by clicking the Ignore button.