- Automation-Macro SciTE4AutoIt3 USE WITH AUTOIT. The AutoIt team has created a custom version of SciTe that has the following features and tools included Syntax highlighting and code completion, Code prettified, Syntax checker and much more. Win 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Blog Google Blogger been around longer than just about any other blogging software, so bloggers are very familiar with it. Bloggers are not limited in the amount of traffic or storage space their blogs generate and use, and bloggers can create as many blogs as they want. You are able to manipulate the templates available in order to create more unique blog theme. Integrated Google's Picasa service. Automatically integrates with Google AdSense. Blogger is the easiest blogging software to start a new blog and the easiest to use for beginner bloggers. All tools and features are free. Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Blog WordPress Easy to use Blogging software and they will host a blog site free. Win XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Blog Thingamablog All you need to setup, and manage a blog is FTP, SFTP, or network access to a web server. Win NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- ★Color Manager Color Cop is a multipurpose color picker for web designers and programmers. It features an eyedropper, magnifier, variable magnification levels, 3 by 3 and 5 by 5 average sampling, snap to web safe, color history, and a 42 color complementary palette. Color Cop will convert RGB decimal values to Hexadecimal color codes. It has color code support for HTML Hex, Delphi Hex, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic Hex, and Visual C++ Hex. Portable. Size: 134KB. Win All.
- CSS Editor TemplateShaker is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) xhtml/css template generator. Using this tool is pretty simple: just click and customize the look and feel of the template on the fly, in complete WYSIWYG environment. Save the template and it is done - just open the template generated with your favorite html editor and use it for your sites. It is free of charge - both for non-commercial and commercial use. You are free to use the templates on all your sites and all your client's sites. is designed to give web designer quick and easy way to modify the look of predefined template layouts. You can change the images, backgrounds, text colors, page background etc. This initial release comes with 3 templates predefined but you can produce hundreds of templates by playing with the different customization settings. Size: 20MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8/8. 32/64bit.
- CSS CSS Toolbox A number of tools for fast tracking and enhancing the development of style sheet code. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- CSS Editor cssed is a small developer editor and validator, that tries to ease the CSS editing. It features syntax highlighting, syntax validation, MDI notebook based interface, quick CSS properties and values insertion, auto-completion and dialog based insertion of CSS complex values. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- CSS Menu CSSMenuMaker CSSMenuMaker.com is here to provide the average webmaster with tools to create custom, cross browser compatible website menus. Our menu generator makes it easy to create custom CSS menus without having to know all the complicated HTML and CSS. If you are a more experienced web developer we provide the sources code for all our CSS menus so that you can download, tweak, and integrate as much as you want.
- ★Email Link Encoder Email Link Encoder This anti-spam software utility enables you to encode your email links on your website so they can't be extracted by rogue internet spiders looking for email addresses to add to junk mailing lists. This will help prevent you from getting huge amounts of spam. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Encrypt Source Code HTML Lock is a small portable utility by Nikhil Baligan that can encrypt HTML source codes in such a manner that results in completely a unreadable manner. However browsers will have absolutely no problem in decoding the code. Size: 221KB. Win All.
- Flash Animation Vectorian Giotto is a flash animation and authoring tool. Giotto has full support for ActionScript 2, with built-in effect generators that will help you create outstanding effects without any scripting at all. Size: 8MB. Win 2000/XP/Vista/7/8. 32/64bit.
- Forum phpBB has become the most widely used Open Source forum solution. Set up in minutes. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Gif Optimizer GIF Optimizer is a utility you can use to easily optimize GIF file for your website. Savings of up to 90% in file size is possible, which can decrease web page download times, save the disk space and reduce bandwidth charges. GIF optimizer includes two preview panes to help you compare the original GIF with the optimized GIF. The color reduction option is able to create much smaller GIF! Size: 1.9MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- Handbook Developers Handbook Comprehensive Web Developers Handbook. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- ★Link Checker XenuLinkSleuth Checks Web sites for broken links. Outstanding program. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- MP3 Stream VibStreamer Web browser MP3 streaming server that allows you to connect and stream your music. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP.
- Network Monitor OpenMonitor monitors your network and will let you know when something serious is happening as quickly as possible. The software can send alerts via e-mail, cellular, window and sound. You can verify the ports of the services and parse web pages searching for errors. Size: 3MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8/8.
- ★Page Rank Web Position Finder Very efficient and light (29 K) tool to provide finding your web site position on top popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista/2008/7/8. This is a last freeware, no longer being maintained, and a single file download from BearWare. Simply place the file in a folder and link to the executable file WebPositionFinder.jar to run the program. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Photo Album Jalbum consists of free album software, free hosting and a creative community. With Jalbum it's easy to create your own photo album site. Just the way you want it. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- PHP Dev PHP IDE is a PHP Editor. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- PHP Apache Distribution XAMPP Easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. Win 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- PHP Test Server QuickPHP PHP Development Web Server for Testing and Debugging your PHP Scripts. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Screen Ruler ScreenRuler Measure the distance between two points on your screen, get the exact location and size of an element on a web page, measure in pixels, centimeters or millimeters, both horizontally and vertically at the same time. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Scripts Stadtaus.com Website scripts for comments, guestbook, news, email, appointment, Image gallery, polls, voting, counter and more. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Server VertrigoServ Web server installation software http://BearWare.info/news.xml by Vertrigo. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Server Abyss Compact web server available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD operating systems. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- SQL Database SQLyog Powerful MySQL Manager and MySQL Admin tool. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Syntax Automation Zen Coding is an editor plug-in for high speed HTML, XML, XSL (or any other structured code format) coding and editing. The core of this plug-in is a powerful abbreviation engine which allows you to expand expressions, similar to CSS selectors, into HTML code. Zen Coding expands abbreviations into complete HTML structures (divs, tables, cells, links, lists), and does it in the most freaking intelligent way. For those who do a lot of coding, it is lightyears beyond anything else. There are existing implementations for multiple editors (see host website for a list.) The syntax is easy to master, especially if you're familiar with CSS. Zen Coding currently supports CSS, HTML, XML/XSL and HAML languages via filters. Win 2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
- ★Text Editor Programmer's Notepad is a powerful text editor featuring syntax highlighting, project management, a great user interface with Syntax Highlighting for lots of languages, configured with schemes Multi-language user interface Unlimited number of schemes supported, powerful syntax highlighting supporting both user-defined and built-in schemes, Text Clips provide smart templates for text insertion, Code Folding/Outlining Docking windows for: File Browser, Open Files, Text Clips, Tool Output, Find in Files results, Regular expression search and replace (full perl syntax), Excellent external tool support with user-configurable output matching - click on errors and warnings to jump right to the place in the file where they were generated, Split Views Bookmarks (both numbered and plain), Export to HTML (using CSS) and RTF Code definition browsing and navigation (using Ctags), Non fixed-width font support Projects and Project Groups with multi-level folders and file system mirroring, Scripting with Python Extensions support for developing add-ons with C++ Support for UTF8, 16 and various file encodings, Support for windows, unix and macintosh line endings, Tabbed MDI interface, with multi-level split views Word-wrapping, and much more. Portable version. Size: 7.6MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8.
- ★Text Editor NotePad++ Source code editor and notepad replacement. Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding, WYSIWYG, User Defined Syntax Highlighting, Auto-completion, Multi-Document, Multi-View, Regular Expression Search/Replace supported, Full Drag and Drop supported, Dynamic position of Views, File Status Auto-detection, Zoom in and zoom out, Multi-Language environment supported, Bookmark, Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting, and Macro recording and playback. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Text Editor WYSIWYN Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and web developers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code. Bluefish supports many programming and markup languages. A What You See Is What You Need interface. Multiple document interface, easily opens 500+ documents. Very powerful search and replace. In-line spell checker which is programing language aware. Auto-recovery of changes in modified documents after a crash, kill or shutdown. Character map of all Unicode characters. HTML toolbar and tear-able menu's and much much more. Size: 34MB. Win XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8. 32/64bit.
- Validator cseHTMLvalidator HTML editor and basic syntax checker. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Web Authoring Blaze Composer Web designing program and HTML editor, with a WYSIWYG interface. HTML Stripper, Crash recovery wizard, context sensitive help, Spell check, FTP Client, Glint Visual form designing wizard, Box maker, Navigation menu bar creator, Style Sheet Creator, Layout manager, block unwanted visitors, plug-in tools colour viewer, Advanced startup wizard, all HTML tags and CSS properties in a bar in editor that's merged with Blaze Dialogs, HTML and CSS manuals etc. Win 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Web Authoring Fresh HTML is a WYSIWYG webpage authoring tool that makes editing HTML pages as easy as using your favorite word processor. Its built-in editor allows advanced users to fine-tune HTML codes to fit their needs. It requires a username and email to download, so if you don't want to test their promise not to spam, use a disposable email-see the BearWare email page. Size: 9MB. Windows Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
- Web Authoring WebSite X5 enables beginners to create a website with no advertisments in 5 easy steps: Choose from over 100 different graphic templates. Add up to 10 pages. Add page contents using the simple Drag&Drop technique to add text, images, videos, audio and Flash animation. Give your website your own personal touch. Get your website online using the built-in FTP engine. The easy-to-follow user interface and numerous previews that are available will help you make short work of developing your website. And if you keep your eye on the Browser preview, kept up-to-date in real time as you work, then you can check on the results as you go. You won't have to worry about anything! WebSite X5 FREE creates the main menu automatically for you, and generates the code for each page, solving any technical problems that may arise. HTML5 code + CSS. Size: 413.87MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8/8. 32/64bit.
- Web Authoring Leafier is a simple HTML editor with tag insertion feature. Features are as follows.Supported character encodings are UTF-8, UTF-16 (Little-Endian, Big-Endian), ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1), Shift_JIS, EUC-JP, ISO-2022-JP. Tabbed multi document interface, syntax highlighting, Tag, attribute, property, etc are selectable by double click. All registration tags can be modified. Other features are font settings, color settings, key customization, bookmark, launch external tool, etc. Portable version. Size: 537KB. Win XP/Vista/7/8 32/64bit.
- Web Authoring Beginners HTML contains easy to use HTML inserts, Preview files, Open Source Code From the Web, Save Files. Tabbed driven coding inserts and about as easy as it gets. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Web Authoring BlueGriffon is a WYSIWYG content editor and an intuitive application that provides Web authors (beginners or more advanced) with a simple User Interface allowing to create attractive Web sites without requiring extensive technical knowledge about Web Standards. Portable version. Size: 11.4MB. Win XP/Vista/7/8. 32/64bit.
- Web Authoring MarkdownPad is a full-featured Markdown editor for Windows. Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML).Markdown formatting can be applied (and removed) with handy keyboard shortcuts and toolbar buttons. Color schemes, fonts, and sizes are all customizable. You can also modify the CSS stylesheet of the rendered HTML right within the application. Want to make something bold'? Press Ctrl + B. How about italic? Press Ctrl + I. Write a quote with Ctrl + Q. A real-time preview allows you to see how your content will be rendered in the browser as you type. Once you are finished with your page, you can export the content to regular HTML/CSS code. MarkdownPad uses a style sheet that determines how the HTML code is rendered. You can freely customize the CSS to make it match your site design and also customize some of the rendering options.Size: 419KB. Win XP/Vista/7/8. 32/64bit.
- Web Button Maker DeKnop Web button maker with mouseover. Win 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Web Cam Broadcast WebCamFirst Install a web cam on your website or local network using any windows video capture device. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Web Content Manager Xoops An extensible, Object Oriented, dynamic web content management system written in PHP. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- Web Publisher Pancake.io is the easiest way to create and maintain a web page. All you need to do is create a text file, and save it into the special Pancake folder in your Dropbox account. Pancake will turn that file into a web page for you. The best part is updating your page is as easy as opening the text file up in Notepad, TextEdit or your favorite text editor, making the changes you want, and saving the file. Your website gets updated automatically. Pancake will even take care of the formatting for you if you follow a few of their simple rules. When you connect your Dropbox account, Pancake will request permission to create a single, new folder. Pancake cannot access anything outside of that folder so the rest of your Dropbox files are secure. Supported file types: Text (.txt), Markdown (.md), JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), PNG (.png), GIF (.gif), Adobe PDF (.pdf), Word doc (.doc, .docx), Excel spreadsheet (.xls, .xlsx), and Powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx).
- Web Server Fortitude HTTP is an easy-to-use web server that offers all the features you would expect from a commercial web server (but for free) along with a wide range of security features. The server supports multiple sites, virtual roots, CGI, scripting engines, custom filters, HTTP compression and caching, HTTP 1.1 resume and much more. Fortitude HTTP comes with an easy-to-use front end to administer the server as well as a fully configurable XML backend. Size: 1607KB. Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8. 32/64bit.
- Website Chat Everywhere Chat Chat with your website visitors and monitor your website traffic in real time.
- Website Keywords GoodKeywords Find the perfect set of keywords for your website. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- ★Website Stats Tracking StatCounter is a free web tracking service that allows you to get real time statistics of your web visitors across multiple websites. The service is available for free but is limited to 500 log-sizes and 250,000 pageloads. StatCounter offers multiple plans for webmaster that get more pageloads than the average site. Google Analytics is more geared for Business Managers and StatCounter for WebMasters. I've used Google Analytics for several years and now find StatCounter meets my needs better. I get a better overall real-time view of visitors to my webstite at any moment of the day. Setup is about as easy as it gets. You get a summary of: Hourly Popular Pages, Entry Pages, Exit Pages, Came From, Keyword Analysis, Recent Keyword Activity, Recent Came From, Search Engine Wars, Exit Links, Exit Link Activity, Downloads, Download Activity, Visitor Paths, Visit Length, Returning Visits, Recent Pageload Activity, Recent Visitor Activity, Recent Visitor Map, Country/State/City/ISP, Browsers, System Stats, Lookup IP Address, and Download Logs.
- Website Stats AWStats is a free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically. This log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, in few graphical web pages. It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. It can analyze log files from all major server tools like Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar, IIS (W3C log format) and a lot of other web, proxy, wap, streaming servers, mail servers and some ftp servers.
- Wiki PmWiki is a wiki based system for collaborative creation and maintenance of websites. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
- XML Editor XMLFox XML Editor and validation tool for creating valid, well formed XML documents and XSD Schema. Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8.
Web Development Freeware
Host your own websites in Google Drive
The requirements to publish are:
The folder containing site assets must be public. Assets added to public folders must also be public on the web.
Link to the files contained in the folder using the webViewLink folder ID plus the path to the file.
To create a public folder programmatically, you'll need to insert a "file" of the MIME type application/vnd.google-apps.folder (a type reserved for folders in Drive) and then set the appropriate permissions. The account type must be set to anyone, and the role must be reader. The following samples demonstrate how to create a public folder using the supported client libraries.
Host Simple Website for Free on Dropbox with Site44
Site44 is a web service that provides an easy and fast way to publish static HTML files to the web by linking the contents of a special folder in your Dropbox account to its optimized hosting platform. One of the obvious advantages of using Site44 is the integration with Dropbox. Your Dropbox is your hosting platform. And because of this, editing website contents has never become that easy. Changes to the files on Dropbox automatically appears on your website within seconds. No more FTP headaches, and no more publishing hassles.
Website Monitoring with Google Docs
Monitor your Website's Uptime with Google Docs courstesy of Amit Agarwal who is a personal technology columnist at WSJ India, author and founder of Digital Inspiration, a widely-read tech and how-to blog.
Build your own site monitor with the help of Google Docs. The one big advantage with Google Docs is that it can be configured to check your website status every minute and thus you'll instantly know if your site is down.
It will take a few minutes to configure Google Docs as an uptime monitor for your website.
- Assuming that you are signed-in to your Google Account, click here to make a copy of the Google Docs sheet.
- Put your website's URL in cell E3 and your email address in cell E5. This is the address where you wish to receive notifications for downtime and uptime.
- Go to Tools -> Script Editor -> Resources -> Current Script's Triggers and set a Time-Driven trigger for every minute (or 5 minutes).
- Save the Trigger and Google Docs will show a big red warning asking for authorization. Just accept it and Save the trigger again.
That's it. The Google Docs sheet will monitor your website in the background at all times and will send an email alert whenever it has trouble accessing the website. If the issue is resolved, you'll get another notification saying "all's well."
Also, the downtime details (including the server responses) are logged in the Google Docs sheet itself so you can later analyze the downtime in greater detail. You can browse the source code to understand how monitoring works behind the scenes.